For patients with osteoporosis at high risk for fracture
One fragility fracture may lead to another1
FORTEO is approved:
- To treat postmenopausal women with osteoporosis at high risk for fracture
- To increase bone mass in men with primary or hypogonadal osteoporosis at high risk for fracture*
- To treat men and women with osteoporosis associated with sustained systemic glucocorticoid therapy at high risk for fracture†
- High risk for fracture is defined as a history of osteoporotic fracture, multiple risk factors for fracture, or patients who have failed or are intolerant to other available osteoporosis therapy
- FORTEO is administered as a 20-microgram once-daily dose and is available in a 2.4-mL prefilled delivery device for subcutaneous injection over 28 days.
*It is not known if FORTEO reduces the risk of fracture in men.
†Consistent with the FORTEO prescribing information, fracture data in patients with glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis are not shown.
1. Center JR, et al. JAMA. 2007;297:387-394.